Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Clean Diet Rocks!!

This is day 7 of my choosing to eat clean. I love it. The scale said two seventy-six point six. My official weigh-in day will be tomorrow and that is when I will post my total weight loss for the week.

I am feeling so in control of what I am putting into my mouth for the first time ever. When I was doing the South Beach diet, I felt deprived because I thought I couldn't have fruit or grain. I know the strict part of SB was only for the first two weeks but since I was losing, I thought it was because I wasn't eating the fruit or grains. After a few weeks of that kind of deprivation my body would demand that I eat bread or chips or something I couldn't have. Clearly, my body was trying to tell me something...I need grains and I need fruit!!

So, here I am to tell you that I've been eating oatmeal with flax and wheat germ, and Ezekiel 4:9 tortilla's, and sweet potatoes, and apples, and bananas, and blueberries and guess what?? I am losing weight like crazy! I eat rather simple meals because that's the way I like it. Taste-y but simple. I shop faster at the grocery store because I don't linger in the aisles looking at foods that are full of crap that I don't need. I think my bill is even less.

My focus on the coming week is to continue eating clean and get busy exercising. I love to ride my bike so that will be my cardio. I will also start doing some weights. I am challenging myself to lose 30 lbs by the middle of February so I've got to get moving!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just got back from riding my bike for the first time in, oh, about 4 months. It's so beautiful out today and I was glad I got out there. I didn't ride as long as I used to but I'll work up to it. I'm a little sore in the saddle! lol! Rode for 2.66 mi. in 16 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I'm so glad to hear it's working for you. Your body does definitely notice the difference. I'm trying to eat mainly clean i'm not 100% but i've come a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...if I got on a bike right now after not riding for so long, I'm sure I'd be sore in the saddle as well! Keep up the great work eating clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! for eating clean all week! Just reading off the list of foods makes me glad I'm eating this way too...so healthy!
    I can't wait to see your final weight loss for the week!
    You know, I think my grocery bill is smaller now too. And you're right, shopping is alot easier.
    Way to go, Tena!
    I hear firetrucks coming, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hear those firetrucks, Katschi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great for you.

    and I am all about the clean eating this time of year 100% for the ENERGY IT GIVES and thats energy I sorely need...

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete