Friday, April 10, 2009

After Shock


In small, sneaky ways, I've been eating the wrong foods all week. My work related stress ended (mostly, does work ever not create some stress?) but my diet has wandered to the center aisles of the grocery store. You know, where the processed, high fat, suger coated foods are shelved. I need to get a grip. I think I'll do the South Beach Phase I for a couple of weeks after Monday to get the sugar out of my system. I've pretty much maintained but I'm not done losing so I've got to get focused!
It's been busy at work so I haven't had a chance to read many blogs. I need my blogger peeps! I think I need all of you more than I realized. When I've read a few posts I feel re-charged and inspired to stick to my diet and get out and move! I love blogsville!

Today I worked in the yard a little cutting off some low hanging branches. From Hurricane Ike, my trees still look pitifull. But at least, I still have trees. Went to Walmart and got the dogs a new bed. Went to Petsmart and got some Advantage to put on the dogs. I haven't seen any fleas but don't want to!! Mom and I went to a middle-eastern restaurant for some delish hummus, babbaganoush, okra, and pita bread. So good.

Have a great evening and enjoy your weekend. And as always, don't forget to drink plenty of water! (Lee found a good article about this very thing!)

6 comments:

  1. I'm with ya, girl. My eating has not been clean. It's time to stop this, right here, right now.

    I'm in, if you are in.

    Today I will eat clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Sometimes maintaining is a victory in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. phases will happen and we all go through them. you just gota pick yourself up and get back into it...i know its hard but i totally feel where your at! you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little sneaky cheats tend to add up, don't they?

    Glad you sound so positive, it will help in your resolve to eat better.

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your stressful time at work is over. If you are pretty much maintaining during those periods, well, that sounds like a win to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eating terribly these past 2 weeks. I'm really wanting to jump back onto South Beach as well (starting Monday after I pick up some essentials at the store). I bet this coming week will be a lot better for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete