Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back in the saddle!


I really didn't mean to wait so long to post. I read blogs everyday and think I've got something to say and then "poof," nothin. This creative dry spell is due in part to my total lack of making a conscious effort to LOSE WEIGHT! I have just not been at it. I have not been measuring my food, tally-ing my calories, or tracking carbs. I have just been eating like a person who has nothing to lose. Not a person trying to gain, just a person maintaining.

Hello? Who am I fooling? Am I happy at 257? No. I am not happy at 257, I want to be more like 170, thank you very much. I weighed myself today and I'm up 2lbs, which, if you knew my history, you'd think I was lying. I mean, I can gain weight just smelling food. I'm grateful for not having put on 10 lbs! Two I can take right off, but if I keep going, it will be 10.

Something has changed though with how I feel about food. I've gone to the store twice this last week, fully intending to get binge food. You know, a package of oreos, or fig newtons. Then eat the entire package while driving home. Crumbs all over my blouse and collecting in the corners of my mouth. Gah. Sounds disgusting, doesn't it?

I didn't get binge foods. I got some cute little bunny cookies in a box that claim to be all natural with "no icky additives or pesky preservatives!" Their called Annie's Bunny Graham Friends honey, chocolate & chocolate chip. How can you binge on something that pure? And they are so cute. They are so good and wholesome with a little taste of sweet that just hit the spot. (geez, I'm sounding like a commercial)

So after a few cute little bunnies, I went for a bike ride. I haven't been out riding in about 3 weeks. I thought for sure my butt would hurt and my lungs would fold. But I did just fine. It felt good to get back in the saddle. It felt good to see that I'm changing how I feel about food and it's place in my world. This is where blogging has gotten me. This is how finding support in blogs is life changing.

Keep blogging. Keep reaching out and reaching in till you find what makes it all work. And don't forget to drink your water!
ps I forgot to mention, Happy Earth Day! And, you can get a free "Be Green" sticker from Annie's site here! How cool is that?!

7 comments:

  1. I feel inspired now!! I love reading your blog, along with others, but the comments you leave are just as appreciated!

    You nailed it...we really do have to make "a conscious effort to lose weight. One day last year I stepped on the scale and weighed 10 pounds more than I had ever weighed in my life, and I thought I gotta lose some weight. That is all I did, think about it, and a few months later, I weight 10 pounds more than I did when I had that thought. It is scary how fast it can sneak up on you if you aren't making the effort! Thanks for the motivating post Tena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both have been in a "slump". :-) I need to get my bike back down as well, the week that I rode it everyday was one of the best feeling adult weeks of my life.
    Good for you on getting a healthier snack, my kids love Annie's Organic products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all progress is linear. And not all progress shows up on the scale, such as the changes in thinking. It's those changes in thinking that will bring about the longest lasting results.

    You are doing great - take joy, pride and comfort in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tena, you are inspiring me to get on my bike this afternoon.

    I love what Roxie said about change. She's a wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back in the saddle!

    Go for it - you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Tina... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First let me say thank you for your supprt. You are one of my fav blogs to read.

    Gald to hear you are back in the saddle. And without beating yourself up. Good for you. I have been in a rut for a while and I am hopping back on myself.

    Love the Bunny cookies. I buy them for my 7 year old son and I love them too!

    ReplyDelete