Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not now...

The city's big truck came yesterday and picked up all the tree limbs in the neighborhood. While I'm thankful they do that, they always leave behind some broken pieces and dig up some of the grass. So, this morning I got up and went out to pick up all the debris. My back was hurting a little, but I'm stubborn and just kept working. When you're out of shape you really should listen to what your body is telling you. I felt a shift way down low in my back and it's like the wind got knocked out of me. Now is not the time for my back to go out!! All day today I've been trying to get relief. First I laid around (which is hard for me to do even when I don't have things I want to get done), then I walked around outside with Sydney in the backyard. Lots of moaning and groaning whenever I tried to sit down and then get up again. I have a pretty high pain threshhold, but this Hurts!

Needless to say, I'm really irritated. I have too many projects left that I want to get done this week. I'm hoping that if I rest today, tomorrow it will be better. Today was so pretty and sunny, too. Sigh.

Diet? Well, I'm still eating okay, sorta. Not dieting really, but mindful of what I'm putting on my plate.

Hope the sun is shining your way today!

7 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! You need...."R.I.C.E"

    Rest
    Ice
    Compression (..well that doesnt really work here)
    and
    Elevation(this either....)

    Hope your are feeling better soon, its too beautiful outside to be laid up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too.
    Mine is high between ribs and shoulder blade...Sort of.
    Been popping muscle relaxants for two days now. Today I could sit.
    I hope you are better tomorrow.
    Wishing you all goodness Tena.
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow back-pain sufferer, I know how much it hurts. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow. Aleve seems the most otc medication. Sometimes the generic version of those heat bands help, too. I hope you find something that let's you get back up and enjoy the rest of your spring break.


    Pssst - don't tell anyone, but I drank some water today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Do you think a hot, hot bath will help? So sorry about the back.

    But aren't you loving this beautiful weather?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the back. That will screw up your Spring Break plans with a quickness.

    Being mindful about what's going on you plate is better then being mindless!! Pat yourself on the back....but be careful. Don't hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I hope you get some relief soon! Ice packs would be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never leave home without Bio-Freeze.
    I have some with me even on vacation.
    Or should I say especially on vacation!

    ReplyDelete