Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Project #1 - Yard Work

I've made a list of all the things I want to get done while on break this week. I may not get all of them done, but at least I'll get a jump on things. When my mom was living in Montgomery a couple of years ago, I spent most of my time going to her house on the weekends and my house went untouched. It's time to devote some TLC to my little corner of the world. I love this old house. We rented it for almost 10 years then the owner decided to sell it to me a few years ago. The previous owner never did a thing to the property but I love it, warts and all. I'm a DIY kinda girl so I love doing stuff, just don't always have the time or the cash.

Spring Break To Do List (not in any particular order of importance):
  • Have shrubs removed from front of house, flower beds cleaned, oak tree trimmed, fallen tree in the back chopped up and all debri placed at curb for city pickup.
  • Remove caulking from bathtub, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink and replace
  • Plant something (?) and make a pathway in front of house
  • Work in garage (the never ending battle)
Anyway, here are the before and after pics of the yardwork I had done yesterday. It looks rather naked right now, but I'll fill it in as my budget allows ;)

Front - Before and After

Side of House - Before and After

Front Window Hedge - Before and After

Today, I'm off to get some plants and run a few errands. Then since it's raining today, I'll work on the caulking. It's nice to off work, even if I'm working like a dog!

Have a great day, and don't forget to drink your water!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you were busy!!! I am a DIY kind of girl too :-) Right now I am working on tiling my bathroom. I really need to fix my caulking in the kitched too. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks like you got a lot done! Looks great and makes you look great at the same time WIN WIN!

    my blog: http://mollymariegetshealthy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've accomplished so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!
    I am so jealous. It is finally warming up here in the northeast (outside Philadelphia) Can't wait to get the bike out and ride this weekend! Enjoy your time off

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things is working around the house. And I love a tidy yard.

    Glad you are enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work!! and this is a good week for it. I did some yard stuff last weekned (raking) and laid a new path the weekend before. Very fullfilling to work outside int eh dirt!

    Enjoy Spring Break!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog, and really enjoy it!!! I'll be following:) If you get a chance, check out mine! I'm just starting my new healthy lifestyle change!
    www.fatbutchanging.blogspot.com

    Ali

    ReplyDelete