Saturday, August 7, 2010

You know you're out of shape when...

You throw your back out giving yourself a pedicure! That's what I did today. All was fine when I got up. Then I looked at my pitiful looking toes and went to work on making them pretty. I propped my foot up on the bathroom vanity and stayed that way while clipping, filing, polishing, etc. Then when I went to put my foot down on the floor...Crap, my back just froze up and I could hardly move. So today I've been laying around, sitting around, popping some pills and that's about it. Not exactly what I had planned.

I'm in a better frame of mind, though. Thanks to all who offered support. I appreciate this caring group so much. I've been thinking that  I need to find some creative ways to spend my time. Maybe starting an art journal or a photo blog. Or I might change the name of this blog and just mix it up. Who knows. I just know I need to be creative. I used to draw and write a lot and I want to get back to it.

Hope you have a great weekend. Take care.

5 comments:

  1. Go with what you love! and next time go to the nail salon;) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! You know how much I value that sort of thing...I think you and I have a lot of personality traits in common...
    Did you only get one foot done? :)
    I hope you are feeling *back* to norma soon...
    XO
    Andrea
    (ps. I know lots of in shape people who've thrown out their backs doing something much less taxing than painting their toenails!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops!
    Back to "NORMAL"...Who's Norma?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww!! so sorry to hear about your back!! that is why I make the husband do it! muhahahahah rub it... rubbbb itttttt!!!!

    :) hope you are feeling better soon.

    I know what you mean - I've been trying to get my creativeness out as well. Instead of just focusing on how much I hate my fatness.

    Less blogging is all that it seems to lead to for me. Trying to get more active in the evenings, and I've joined a couple of groups. I love to sew - so have a stitching club that I do once a month. Gives me some outlet for the creativity!!

    I have another blog with pictures of my "creations". You should do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude.....I can't even reach my toenails. :) Feel better?? lol I read your last post...we all feel that way sometimes....you just hang in there until the sun shines again...and it will. Trust in that. :)

    ReplyDelete