Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting Going

Getting back in the swing of things this week has had its ups and downs. Monday night there was some kind of hanky-panky going on in my attic. Tuesday I found a hole in the screen where they must have gotten access to their love nest. I'm thinking it was possums. I find them in the garage eating the cats food sometimes. Anyway, Sydney was so excited about the commotion so all during the night she would whimper and cry and bark. Needless to say, Tuesday at work I was pretty wall-eyed. I haven't heard anything else from the little varmints so I hope they're gone. (please just let me hold on to that thought)

It is nice to be back to work. The regular routine of things is beginning to set in and it's nice to have lunch provided. I just stick to the salad bar and get whatever lean protein they have over in the line for hot food. One of the perks of working at a school (and this is not your public school food).

Went for a bike ride Wednesday and Thursday. Let me just say that my legs and hind-end are in shock. I should have never let two months go by without riding. My first ride was only 5.5 miles and it felt like I was hauling a trailer around the neighborhood. I have gained 5 lbs since Thanksgiving, but geez, that shouldn't make that much of a difference. I think it's just that fitness flies the coop much faster when you're middle aged crazy.

My mom has a friend coming to visit next week from out of the country. That means I get to clean like a mad-woman this weekend and try to be cordial next week. Actually, it will be fun to see him again. I guess I just resent that it means more work for me.

Still working on my "intentions for 2011" list. It's been fun pondering things and getting my mind around doing something strictly for me. One thing for sure that I'll do is go to the museum once a month. It's free on Thursdays. I do like free. I've also been thinking about a new name for my blog. I like the name, but this year is not just about shrinking. It's about actually living.

Have a great Friday and weekend! Don't forget to drink your water and get some rest.

3 comments:

  1. felt like I was hauling a trailer around

    Sister, I know the feelin. And, yet we keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a possum on roller skates?

    Actually living is an awesome intention for the year. I look forward to reading about the things you will be adding to your life over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about all the work! I hope your mom has a nice visit with her friend, and yes, it's nice to get back to a routine. Have a great day, Tena! :)

    ReplyDelete