Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Good to be Queen

Comment Queen, that is. Whatever, it's good to be Queen of anything, eh?



Blog Award!! From Anne H at Carb Tripper
Thanks, Anne!
This is a new award created by this lovely blogger:
(A Lap-Band Story)

Here's how to play:
List 5 goals that you have/had while on your lap band journey*. 
Comment on each blog you nominate and list your top 3 nominees for the award. 
(*well, since I don't have lap-band, I'll just call it a weight-loss journey)

1. Think, eat, and live like a thin person. This whole weight-loss thing is all about lifestyle changes.


2. I used to want to be able to wear heels again. Now, I just want to be thin enough that my feet don't hurt. Then, any shoe that fits will be perfect.


3. Ride my bike on a long distance ride. Adventure Cycling has some great routes. 


4. Fit in an airplane seat with room to spare. Flying right now is not enjoyable. I feel like I take up way too much space and forget going to the bathroom on the plane. It's just confirmation of how big my butt is.


5. Enjoy having my picture taken. Usually, I avoid being in a picture. When I was young and thin I never appreciated my looks. Now, when I look at old pictures, I could just kick myself for not realizing I was okay. Not fat at all.


Number one is really the key to all the others. I've tried for so many years to lose weight. I've lost and gained and lost and gained. I really want to put "dieting" to rest and get on with my life. 


One thing I can say about dieting and blogging is that if I didn't have my blogging friends, I would probably have given up a long time ago. Right about the time I'm feeling like a failure, someone leaves a comment that brightens my day. What a great community of givers you all are. You are awesome!


Now, for this award, I have to pick three bloggers to pass it along to. It's really hard to pick only a few, but here goes:


1. Kimberly at The Woman Inside Me
2. Tamzin at One Inch at a Time
3. Kelly at Happy Texans

Here I am staying up late again. Now I've cut into my reading time, dang it. Anyway, have a great day and stay warm!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for everyone!
    How hard it is to pick three people.
    I picked my 3 at random!
    I lurve everyone!

    Good to get to know you, Tena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    You'll reach your goals because you don't give up.

    I checked out that Adventure Cycling link. WOW! Those are some very long rides. Did you see the TX Hill Country ride coming up?

    I'd like to be able to ride Natchez Trace. I've driven part of it and it was beautiful.
    There will be no bike riding today. Nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals are all the same as yours...well, except the heels (lol). Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! This is very funny because I stopped to tell you that I gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Come on by and pick it up.
    http://fit-healthy-by-2012-2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to reply to your comment about where I got my gyro stuff. It's called Phoenicia Specialty Foods on Westheimer. There is also a Phoenicia Deli in the same shopping strip that sells the BEST schwarmas. OMG, they're unbelievable. It's a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete